Here in this article, I’ll tell you about Franz which is a free messenger. Before jumping straight into the topic, let us discuss what Franz is. Franz is a messenger that allows users to chat as well as a message into a single app. It combines both of these into an application. At present, Franz supports the services of Facebook Messenger, Whats App, Telegram, Hangouts, Skype, etc. At a time, you can connect to three different services.
How to download Franz:
To use Franz, you need Windows/ macOS/ Linux operating system. You can download as well as install Franz from meetfranz. Then you need to make an account of the website through the software installed.
How to use Franz:
Here I’ll tell you as to how you can make use of this messenger and also how do you go about setting it up. These steps will also let you connect with WhatsApp or any other services.
- Like any other messenger, the first step would be to sign up for an account. If already you have an account with Franz, then you just have to sign in.
- On the left panel, you will find a list of popular services (WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, etc.) with which you wish to connect. If you want to enable WhatsApp, then you need to click on the icon of it. After that, you have to follow instructions that appear on the screen to enable the web of WhatsApp. You can add more than one account of WhatsApp.
- There might be a possibility if you are unable to see the services that you use. For this click on + or Ctrl+N to get the complete list of services provided by Franz.
- The added services will be there on the left panel. If you want to edit settings individually the just right click and you are good to go.
- Not on just editing a few settings but also you can make additional settings such as rename, change the icon, configure, etc.
- On the right panel, you will find a to-do list. Now you can decide whether you want to use it or just disable it. To enable or disable, either double tick on the icon or press Ctrl+T.
- At the bottom of the left panel, there’s a gear icon which lets you open Franz’s global settings. You can do a lot of things here such as delete service connections, view service connections, etc.
- The messenger supports keyboard shortcuts too. You can just click on the items and see the shortcuts assigned to each of those items.
Uses of Franz:
- As I already mentioned to you about the services that it supports, it is evident that Franz covers both business and private messaging as well as chat services.
- This tool enables you to add each service many times. This feature undoubtedly makes it the perfect messenger.
- You can set different workspace for business and also private life. This ensures that your circles are distraction-free and you get only those notifications that you need.
- With the to-do list feature, it makes you a leader of your work. Just write a sentence or word and make it to the list with a double click. It’s that simple.
Features of Franz:
I know you must be wondering by now if this messenger is safer to use. Well, honestly it isn’t. it isn’t as safe as the regular browser is.
I hope this information about Franz helps you out.